A transfer student is defined as a student who has earned credits towards the Basic Sciences program from an Allopathic or Osteopathic medical school and wishes to transfer to UHSA to complete their curriculum. The school from which the credits were earned must be listed in FAIMER International Medical Education Directory.
Applicants must present valid and compelling reasons for transfer and be in good academic standing at the school where they are currently enrolled. The Admissions Committee will determine which previously earned credits can be transferred. Courses qualified for transfer credit must have been completed within seven (7) years of the expected graduation date at UHSA.
Transferring into the Clinical Sciences
Students who have completed the Basic Sciences at a recognized Medical University may be eligible to begin the Clinical Sciences training after approval and acceptance of the Basic Sciences credit by UHSA. Students who have not completed the USMLE Step 1 are required to complete the Integrated Review of the Basic Sciences at Jackson Park Hospital in Chicago Illinois where an extensive review course known as the Advanced Introduction to Clinical Medicine will be offered.
Before proceeding, please note the following:
All required documents, if originally in a foreign language, must be accompanied by a notarized English translation. All transcripts documenting post-secondary coursework completed in institutions outside the United States or Canada must also be evaluated by an approved international credential evaluation service. Letters of Recommendation must also be in English.
- Submit a completed application form -Non-refundable application fee of U.S. $100.
- Official Transcripts from all colleges/universities attended (This is typically a lengthy process, so plan accordingly).
- Foreign applications must be translated into English prior to being received by UHSA and sent to the address below.
- Submit a letter of good standing from the Dean at the time of transfer/withdrawal from the school.
- Three (3) official Letters Of Recommendation (LOR) from individuals who can evaluate past academic and/or professional achievements.
- These letters must be in English and appear on original letterhead stationery. LOR’s must be sent directly from the individual giving the recommendation. Letters sent from the applicant will not be accepted.
- 2 (two) 2×2 Passport size Photos
- Copy of Passport (if available)
- Personal Statement presenting valid and compelling reasons for admission by transfer.
- The personal statement is your opportunity to give additional information about yourself to the Medical School.
- You should state in no less than 400 words why you are interested in a medical career, when you first became aware of this interest and what your plans are for the future if you are accepted into the medical program.
- Please also explain your personal experience within the field. It is suggested that you include: participation in voluntary work, experience in research projects, community work, and any other important information you would like the Admissions Committee to know about you.
- Your application to the Medical School will not be evaluated without a Personal Statement.
- The application for admission by transfer consists of a cover letter requesting a transfer and all of the items listed as requirements above.
- Only applications that are complete in every aspect will be considered. All materials should be addressed and mailed to:
University of Health Sciences Antigua
C/O Marketing & Recruitment Office
900 W. Jackson Blvd.
Suite 7 East
Chicago, IL 60607
Applicants who submit a completed application for admission by transfer will receive written notification of the decision made by the Admissions Committee. Incomplete applications will be withdrawn from consideration.
Meet Us @ Upcoming Fairs
There are no upcoming events.