UHSA will consider admitted students who are currently enrolled in other medical school programs. Applicants must fulfill the entry requirements outlined above. However, transfer credits are not guaranteed from other schools. Acceptance of transfer credits are subject to the receiving institution’s requirements and is determined during the admissions committee.
Transferring Medical Schools
Transferring into the Basic Sciences
Applicants already enrolled in a Basic Sciences program at an Allopathic or Osteopathic medical school may be considered for admission into UHSA medical school. The school from which the credits were earned must be listed in FAIMER International Medical Education Directory. Applicants wishing to transfer must present valid and compelling reasons for transferring and be in good academic standing at the school where they are currently enrolled. The Admissions Committee will determine which previously earned credits can be transferred. Courses qualified for transfer credit must have been completed within seven (7) years of the expected graduation date at UHSA.
Transferring into the Clinical Sciences
Students who have completed the Basic Sciences at a recognized medical university may be eligible to begin the Clinical Sciences training after approval and acceptance of Basic Sciences credit by UHSA.
Prior to starting the Clinical Sciences, students are required to complete an Integrated Review of the Basic Sciences. Students who show evidence of completing a Basic Sciences review course are required to pass a National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME) examination or must provide proof of successfully passing the USMLE Step 1.
Please note that all required documents, if originally in a foreign language, must be accompanied by a notarized English translation. All transcripts documenting post-secondary coursework completed in institutions outside the United States or Canada must also be evaluated by an approved international credential evaluation service. Letters of Recommendation must also be in English.
- Completed online application: Non-refundable application fee of $75 (USD)
- Official Transcripts from all colleges/universities attended (This is typically a lengthy process, so plan accordingly).Non-English transcripts must be translated into English prior to being received by UHSA.
Transcripts should be sent to:
University of Health Sciences Antigua
1658 Milwaukee Ave # 100-4931
Chicago, IL 60647
- Two passport size photos
- Copy of passport (if available)
- Two official Letters Of Recommendation (LOR) from individuals who can evaluate past academic and/or professional achievementsThese letters must be in English and appear on original letterhead stationery. LOR’s must be sent directly from the individual giving the recommendation. Letters sent from the applicant will not be accepted.
- Personal StatementThe personal statement is your opportunity to give additional information about yourself to the Medical School.You should state in no less than 400 words why you are interested in a medical career, when you first became aware of this interest and what your plans are for the future if you are accepted into the medical program.Please also explain your personal experience within the field. It is suggested that you include: participation in voluntary work, experience in research projects, community work, and any other important information you would like the Admissions Committee to know about you.Your application to the Medical School will not be evaluated without a Personal Statement.
- Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) is not required for transfer students.