Tuition & Financial Aid

Medical School Tuition

Tuition Amount (USD)

Premedical Sciences Program

Term I-IV $4,867.00 Per Term


Doctor of Medicine (M.D. Program)

Basic Sciences
Term I-V $9,867.00 Per Term
Integrated Review of the Basic Sciences
Term VI $9,000.00
Clinical Sciences
Term I-IV $12,271.00 Per Term
Per Week – Only applicable to students who have completed clinical rotations for more than four terms $630 Per Week

Basic Sciences Fees

Student services (All students):

  • Support services for all students
$225.00 Per Term
Shelf Examinations $125.00 Per Term


Clinical Sciences Fees

Student services (All students):

  • Support services for all students
$225.00 Per Term
Malpractice insurance (Clinical Sciences) $1,000.00 – Annually
Graduation $750.00


Additional Fees

Seat Deposit (Your seat deposit is applied towards your tuition) $500.00
Leave of Absence $500.00
Registration only (Students requiring time to study for board examinations must remain registered) $1,500.00
Readmission – Students returning to the university $1,000.00
Deferral of admission $100.00
Notarization of official documents $50.00
Academic certifications $20.00

Tuition and fees are subject to change without prior notice as deemed appropriate by the Institution.

Nursing School Tuition

Tuition Amount (USD)
Application Fee $75.00
Caricom (annual)
Tuition $7,500.00
Part-Time (per credit) $125.00
Clinical Fee $1,800.00
US Residents and International (annual)
Tuition (annual) $13,500.00
Part-Time (per credit) $250.00
Clinical Fee $2,400.00
Fees Amount (USD)
Digital Course Material (full program approx. cost) $1,923.00
Seat reservation (Applied toward your tuition and is non-refundable) $500.00
Leave of absence $250.00
Student services $100.00
Graduation $300.00
Transcript $50.00
Academic related certifications $20.00
Notarization $50.00

Tuition and fees are subject to change without prior notice as deemed appropriate by the Institution.

Financial Aid

UHSA provides the support and financial assistance that will make your education more affordable. Students accepted to the School of Medicine and School of Nursing programs not only have the option of applying for UHSA Scholarships and Grants, but may be eligible for the following programs:

Financial Aid for US Citizens and US Permanent Residents

Students at UHSA are not currently eligible for U.S. federal student loans. However, the following programs are available through our partners.

Meritize Private Student Loan

With a Meritize loan, you can receive credit for your merit to potentially improve your loan options by sharing your academic history, military background, or work experience.

To qualify, a borrower must have a co-signer, be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the 50 United States (borrower or cosigner), and meet Meritize’s underwriting requirements. If approved for a loan, the actual loan amount, term, payment, and APR amount of loan that a customer qualifies for may vary based on credit determination, state law, and other factors.

Only tuition can be paid with the Meritize loan.

Check your loan options without impacting your credit score at

Concurrent M.D./Masters Program - U.S. Title IV Federal Aid

Through UHSA’s partnership with Walden University, eligible medical students pursuing an online Master of Public Health (M.P.H.) or Master of Healthcare Administration (M.H.A.) degree are welcome to apply for Title-IV Federal Aid to cover tuition for Walden’s online classes. Students may also include funds for living expenses while enrolled in the online program.

Why you should consider an online M.P.H. or M.H.A. from Walden:

  • Walden University is recognized as one of the leading providers of health education online
  • Students who earn their M.P.H. or M.H.A. will have countless networking opportunities and an advantage on residency applications
  • Eligible students who take one course per 6 or 8-week term are welcome to apply for Title-IV Federal Aid. This aid may include tuition for the Walden classes and funds for living expenses while pursuing the M.P.H. or M.H.A.
Application Process:

Step One - Apply to Walden

Walden’s Online Application, which takes approximately 15 minutes, allows you to create a profile with your current email address and create a password.

Step Two - Submit Transcripts

Contact your High School or College/University and have them mail your official transcripts to:

Walden University

Office of Admissions

650 S. Exeter St

Baltimore, MD 21202

Step Three - Apply for Financial Aid

If you do not already have a Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID, create an ID by visiting:

Use your ID to complete the FAFSA process by visiting at:

Walden University’s Title IV code is 025042

We invite you to contact your liaison today and learn more about how you can integrate Walden programs into your program of study and qualify for the tuition-reduction offer.

Ronald Lee
International Account Manager
Direct Phone: 443-627-7292

Financial Aid for Canadian Students

UHSA is a designated institution for Canada Student Grants and Loans. Canadian students applying to and attending UHSA may be eligible for funding through the Canada Student Loans Program awarded through the Ministry of Education for each province.

You must supply our designated school code [ZPAS] when completing the process of obtaining funding.

To confirm your eligibility for student financial assistance, please contact your provincial/territorial student financial aid authority. Contact information can be found by visiting Government of Canada website

Canadian Banks Offering Student Lines Of Credit

As a Canadian student, you may also be eligible to apply for Student Lines of Credit through banks that cater specifically to medical students. When applying for a student loan, you first must supply the financial institution with our school information then proceed to complete the application process. Some banks will require a cosigner during the application process.

To apply for a Student Line of Credit, we recommend contacting the Financial institutions directly. For your convenience, a direct link to the specific programs at each eligible financial institution can be found below:

If you have additional questions, please contact the Student Financial Aid Department by emailing Accepted students should also contact the Student Financial Aid Department.

Tuition Refund Policy

Students withdrawing from UHSA are required to first submit in writing, a formal letter to the Dean for the School of Medicine requesting withdrawal from the program, including a reason for withdrawal. Students officially withdrawing from the UHSA will be credited for tuition and refundable fees in according with the following schedule.

Applies once classes have started:

Week 1 80%
Week 2 60%
Week 3 40%
Week 4 10%

No refunds are issued after the 4th week.

UHSA reserves the right to change its tuition and adjust fees or establish addition fees at any time without prior notice.

Past Due Accounts

Both registered and non-registered student accounts are sent to a university designated collections agency when collection efforts through the normal billing process have failed and any of the following occurs:

  • An account becomes seriously past due (more than 120 days)
  • A significant past due balance has accumulated
  • The billing address is determined to be non-deliverable
  • Other conditions that may affect account collection

Once an account is forwarded to collections, it is considered delinquent. Students are responsible for paying all collection costs including court costs and attorneys’ fees. If your account has been referred to the university’s designated collection agent, please contact them immediately to make payment arrangements. The longer you wait, the higher the risk of tarnishing your credit rating and being subjected to further enforcement proceedings.

Payments must be made directly to the collection agency. If you pay the collection agency directly, they will automatically notify us of your payments. Failure to respond to the collection agency and make the required payments may result in additional legal and service fees. Further, the account may be reported to the appropriate credit bureaus, which will negatively impact the ability to obtain future credit.

After a student account becomes delinquent, a Bursar collection hold is placed on the account preventing enrollment, obtaining transcripts, or charging other services to the account.

If your account is in collections and you wish to contact the collections agency to discuss payment options, you can reach them by visiting: