- Listed in Avicenna Directory of Medical Schools (Formerly, World Health Organization or WHO)
- Recognized by The Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- Accepted by the General Medical Council (GMC)
- Listed in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED)
- Recognized by the Medical Council of Canada (MCC)
- Recognized by the Antigua & Barbuda National Accreditation Board (ABNAB)
This recognition confers eligibility for the medical graduates of the University to take the United States Medical Licensing Examinations (USMLE) in the US. It is also a requirement of the Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board (PLAB) in the UK.
Our listing in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED-FAIMER) also allows our students to take the Medical Council of Canada Qualifying Examination (MCCQE).
Our curriculum has been meticulously crafted to meet the contemporary knowledge needs of physicians. The courses offered lay a strong foundation, ensuring that our students excel during the clinical phase of the UHSA medical program, which is crucial for success in the requisite licensing examinations.
For over four decades since 1982, UHSA has produced graduates from 21 countries and 45 states across the US, representing nearly every specialty, including surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, internal medicine, and pediatrics. Our alumni have attained significant positions, such as Heads of Hospitals, Department Heads, Faculty, Chief Residents, and Popular Lecturers.
At UHSA, we treat our students like family, not just a number in a classroom. Our small institution size allows for personalized education, and smaller class sizes eliminate the need to compete for clinical placements. With a vast network of Hospital Affiliations, our students enjoy top priority for hospital placement, ensuring maximum exposure to practical medical experience.